Making Charity Quilts Part 3
In my last post, I had sewn the blocks together for this pink and brown charity quilt, and was auditioning border fabrics. I decided to go with the dark pink for the inner border, which was #5 in the last post. It adds some sparkle and highlights all the pinks. I just barely squeaked out the strips for the border from two fat quarters. Whew!
The pink and brown outer border fabric is perfect to pull everything together. Now I need to decide how wide the border will be: 4″ or 6″?
Here’s the 4″ sample:
And here’s the 6″ sample:
I wouldn’t call this fabric a busy print, so I think I can add the 6″ border without overwhelming the top.
And here’s the finished quilt top:
I even had enough fabric left over to make a binding strip for the completed quilt.
I like that I finished the year with a charity quilt. Seems fitting. This quilt top is going back to the Monadnock Quilters Guild to be quilted, bound, and added to the Cozy Covers collection.
All month I’ve also been working on the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge. I didn’t blog every single day, but I did post most days. Now I’ll shoot for blogging about once a week, posting about whatever project I’m working on. I don’t plan to set any goals for the year, but I know I’ll be working on UFOs from the closet.
I’ll see you next year!