UFO #4 is done! I bought a kit for the Diva Wallet at a quilt show, then tried to work on it at a retreat. Unfortunately, the kit did not have all the pieces and parts – so frustrating. I worked on other projects at the retreat, and the wallet ended up in the UFO pile.
I pulled this one from the pile, added some fresh fusible interfacing, and got to work. The wallet pieces were already cut, so I fused the few pieces that needed the interfacing.
The first section to make is the inside zipper case.
Then fold and top-stitch the pieces for the card holder section, and sew them together.
Sew the zipper compartment and the card holder to a backing to create the inside of the wallet.
Now to make the outside of the wallet. Adding a zipper is no big deal, as long as you install the zipper in the correct direction. But I didn’t. Argh! I had to rip everything apart, and do it again.
Then align the inside of the wallet with the outside, and add the closure hardware.
Ta dah! A new wallet, and I just love this lime green and pink fabric.
More UFOs coming soon – I’m on a roll!